The mobile phone parts and the parts of smart phone are very sensitive towards the ESD means the Electro Static Discharge. If we consider the safety measures we can avoid the damage that may be caused to the PCB. By following the safety tips helps to create an impression among the customers that the person is well equipped and organised for doing a particular work.
Some of the measures that need to be taken during the repair of the mobile phones are,
- Tools with different safety measures of the ESD need to be used. People who are professionals in this business of service always use the tools that are safe and of good quality. Mobile opening tools which are made up of hard plastics should be used to open the cover of the phone. Usually screw drivers like the T4, T5 and the T6 are most commonly used for the repair of the phones. Making the work organised and quality one makes the job easy and also makes the customer get impressed.
- Protection from the ESD is another important point that needs to be taken care.ESD is the process in which electricity passes between two objects because of its contact. To maintain the protection technicians should wear ESD protected clothes and slippers along with the gloves and the strap of the wrist. This is not because to maintain the personal safety but to protect that the current from the body do not pass to the device.
- Usage of the ESD safe trays helps to make the work of the repair more easy and well organised .It is better that we keep all the parts separately in the tray as the screws of the phones seem to be very small and there are chances to lose them easily.
- All the parts of the mobile phones are very delicate and are very difficult to handle them. We should be careful that the screens of the LCD do not get scratched .Also the connectors and the cables that are used for the connection should be handled with care.
- Usage of the hot air machine and the soldering iron should be used very carefully. This is because it may not only harm the device but also cause harmful effects to the technician also. Also liquids like the IPA which are inflammable should be kept in the proper place so as to avoid problems.